Loans at Drumshanbo Credit union Limited
The two most important things about a loan are, being able to borrow the money and being able to repay it. At Drumshanbo Credit union Limited we encourage you to manage your money carefully by structuring loans around your needs and your ability to repay. Establish a good savings record by saving regularly so as to build up security for your loan.
Click on any section below to expand view
- There are no hidden fees or transaction charges
- Our interest rates are fair and reasonable compared to others in the market
- Repayments are calculated on your reducing balance, so you pay less interest with each repayment
- Your credit union loan is insured - subject to terms and conditions - at no direct cost to you. Other lenders charge for this
- You can pay off your loan early, make additional lump sum repayments or increase your regular repayments, without a penalty. Other lenders may charge you extra for paying them back faster!
Our loan rate of 10.8%* means you can borrow at a reasonable rate of credit compared to other financial providers – compare us to other financial service providers and you will see that you get a great deal at Drumshanbo Credit union Limited.
*For a €5,000, 5 year variable interest rate loan, with monthly repayments of €106.19, an APR of 11.34%; the total amount payable by the member will be €6,371.
The following documentation will be required to process a loan application:
- 3 recent pay slips (for PAYE workers)
- Most recent tax return / audited accounts (for self-employed)
- Copies of social welfare benefit / pension information (for those on social welfare)
Depending on amount of loan and borrowers credit history with the Credit Union, the following may also be requested:
- Recent current account bank statements/credit card statements
- Mortgage statements / confirmation from mortgage lender
- Proof of purpose
Loans are subject to approval. Terms & Conditions apply.
Terms & Conditions Apply
* All figures given on this web site are for your general information only, and give a rough guide to loan repayments. Any statements on this web site do not purport to be authoritative or legally binding. You are advised to check with our offices for up-to-date rates and offers.
Note – Drumshanbo Credit Union has always paid a loan interest rebate to members. In recent years this has been 10% which means that after AGM borrowers receive 10% of the interest they paid during the year as a bonus. This is to reward members who borrow and should be taken into account when calculating the rate. The rebate is recommended by the Board based on the credit union’s performance during the financial year.
Whilst every care has been made in the production of this information, it is for illustrative purposes only and to give you an overview of the potential cost of borrowing at Drumshanbo Credit Union. It does not constitute a loan offer. This document is for illustrative purposes only, so as to give you, the borrower, an overview of the potential cost of borrowing and does not constitute an offer of finance or repayments.